Greenish debris coming from hot tap

At first reading that sounds a bit like a homeopathic solution :-)

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

nah no funding for that bollox these days (except of course the running costs of 4 NHS homeopathy centres and a recent =A320m refurb of one UK homeopathic hospital....) sigh :>) JimK

Reply to
JimK

I hadnt called the water depot since December 07, but I gave it a shot today. They took my address, mobile number and said they'd leave it with an engineer. I get the feeling nothing will come of it though, as they saw me as a nuisance back then, so I may be red flagged!

Reply to
gavinh15

Why not take a sample for analysis ?

Reply to
Fergus O'Rourke

Already done that some time ago... its safe to drink, and that's all that matters to the city council. What I am experiencing with the supply only counts as an aesthetic concern, so discolouration and very noticeable amounts of sediment are acceptable. The problem is to with iron bacteria and rust buildup in the mains on my road, and so it needs to be flushed, or jetted. What really needs to happen though is for the old cast iron mains to be replaced around the area, as that is the root cause of the problem, but that won't happen. The problem

Reply to
None