Google seem to be delighted we are leaving the EU?

That?s silly.

You're free to try. Doubt many would use it tho.

Reply to
jon lopgel

According to reports, Mrs. Patel still doesn't grok that a significant number of the economically inactive people in the UK are those who managed to retire early and are not likely to want to start working again especially wiping the arses of the demented and elderly infirm.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Perhaps she is of the opinion that "wiping the arses of the demented and elderly infirm" carries with it a premium wage?

You can always get someone to do a job, you just have to pay them the right wage.

Reply to
Fredxx

Or create a level playing field by making all forms of income including all benefits liable to tax and NI.

Reply to
Andrew

Many benefits are taxable.

The ones that aren't are things like PIP, where the benefit is not income to live on, but purely to help compensate for the extra costs of living with a disability.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I genuinely thought most were now taxable apart from NI.

I wouldn't have an issue with applying NI to all income.

Reply to
Fredxx

Automation - use robots?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Why? Do you actually *know* where your data is? I don't *really* know where data held about me is, not that I can do much about that.

Reply to
Richard

The difference, FWIW, is that data held in the EU should only be used by the data holder for its own business or purposes you have agreed to, or given to our intelligence services. Whereas, data held in the US, subject to relatively unenforceable English law, can be sold to anyone or used in any way the data holder likes.

Reply to
Roger Hayter
<snip>

But hey, all the Brexiteers knew all that when they voted for it eh. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

OK, regardless of useful postings or not, that's enough brexit obsession from you, enjoy a couple of months in my killfile ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Data held in the US is not subject to any species of English law, enforceable or not.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So exactly like the EU, then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Neither is it in the EU

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But the difference is we had the opportunity to have a say on EU law...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Aww, Andy, didn't you spot the subject of the thread? You know leaving the EU is also called Brexit?

(And Brian is the one who is 'optically challenged'). ;-)

Enjoy your break. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ooops, you know that sounds like you are questioning the sense of the whole Brexit thing Dave. That can easily get you killfiled round here! <weg>

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I am sensible enough to know that nothing is forever. If you feel that your data is more secure in the EU, UK, USA or wherever else that's fine.

Reply to
Richard

We may well have had say in EU law and do in UK law. How do you know that the law is being followed to the letter? Ask yourself, do I trust the Europeans more than the Americans? Do I trust the UK government more than I do myself?

Reply to
Richard

The UK is not leaving the EU, because the UK has left the EU. PKUATBT, Google.

Parliament should oblige Google to use Google Ltd/plc, and ensure that Google's operations in the UK are obliged to comply with UK Law & Taxes.

Reply to
Dr S Lartius