Google Earth.

Bother. I tried loading Earth pro which wiped my working Earth set up and doesn't function!

Anyone care to recommend a source for G. Earth that works on W7 32bit? Processor, memory, speed look OK

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Nick Odell snipped-for-privacy@themusicworkshop.plus.com> writes

I've use this in the past for getting an older version that worked on XP. [None do, these days, BTW.]

I'm sure that a simple Google will get you to the latest version for W7.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

In message <AEsU3eHqI8XfFw$ snipped-for-privacy@brattleho.plus.com>, Ian Jackson snipped-for-privacy@g3ohx.co.uk> writes

Indeed. All back to normal. Ta! Sadly for those of limited knowledge, there is a huge banner offering a free upgrade to G. Earth pro with no mention of limitations:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The Internet Archive at archive.org seems to have earlier versions. A google search on: site:archive.org google earth brings up several but whether they are complete and usable I really do not know. Best I can offer, I am afraid.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I think sometimes when you download one of those older versions, first see how big it is, assuming its the full install, not just the stub installer, first step, if possible, turn off the internet connection and force it to load it from the archive. Many bits of software simply just look online and say, hey this is terribly old I'll be ever so helpful, and download a new version. You don't want that. In the casse of earth, though, it could well be that the minute you reconnect, it does an update unless you can tell it not to, certainly it has to grab data, but it depends on whether it can do this and not do an update really. I am currently fighting Ccleaner, since the latest versions have serious screenreader incompatibility, so I'm now running on portable versions, Same goes for Revo uninstaller. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa