Good souce for gel-cell lead acid batteries?

I find CPC are usually cheapest for these, you can get Yuasa ones cheaper than others sell no-name ones for.

Simon Barr

I'm after about 3x 7aH 12v batteries, as commonly used is UPSs. Can anyone recommend a supplier?

Many thanks,

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

I've used Bristol Batteries in the past, good price, quick delivery.

Dave Liquorice

Screwfix have them for 14 quid, CPC around 11. Which is cheaper may depend on if you've got other stuff to ordfer from either.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Rapid do Yuasa at 12.20 for one, 10.65 10+. Or a no brand type 7.2 Ah at

11.90/10.05. Plus VAT, of course.

Dave Plowman (News)

Ask (or google for UPS) in uk.adverts.computer. There's a guy there sells them AFAIR.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have never used this company, so cannot recommend them -

logized

Distel is Display Electronics - run by Dave Fisher an ex DEC engineer. Been in business for many years to my knowledge (25 plus). Certainly it used all to be surplus kit so things like batteries you must be careful how old they are but I don't think they are about to disapear over the horizon with your bag of gold.

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Wonder if that's the same Dave Fisher who once was a lecturer at the BBC training department, Evesham?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You may find these at a model shop, where they are used to power electric starters on model planes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Seconded

Reply to
raden

Crikey. Unless things have changed, saying it's for a model doubles the price...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You never mentioned price....;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , Andrew Mawson writes

There're OK, been around ages, bought some 19" racks of them.

BTW if you want sealed lead acids batteries like the Yuasa range WF electrical do them at reasonable prices.....

Reply to
tony sayer

Hi:

Try: