Gluing polystyrene foam

I have an 'up and over' garage door. Its galvanized steel and when the sun hits it the garage gets _hot_! I want to glue expanded poly. sheet to the inside as an insulator. What type of glue do I use for this purpose? Thanks. John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Reply to
jhewitt

acetone, and brush it onto the poly not the steel. Cardboard is cheaper though.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The message from snipped-for-privacy@arrakis.es contains these words:

I'd fix it mechanically instead - wires from the edges, or perhaps glue patches of thin ply to the door with T-nuts in them. The you could use studding to go through the foam and pull against spreader plates on the other side.

Glueing it, I suspect, wouldn't last long.

Reply to
Guy King