Gluing artex

I've got an artexed ceiling, the artex has got damp and has split along the line of the joist above, and is hanging down slightly at the edges.

Now I've eliminated the leak that caused the dampness, can I just glue it back up or is there a recommended fix, apart from the obvious "remove all the artex"?

Reply to
Scion

PVA it - soak it in diluted PVA, allow to dry partially but still be flexible. Now use full strength PVA to glue it back.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Just stick pva above it and wedge it into position for a day or more while it dries.

NT

Reply to
NT

NT spake thus:

Thanks for both replies.

Reply to
Scion

It'll disintegrate as soon as you touch it.

Reply to
Phil L

No Nails/Gripfil?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You could be right, maybe worth trying to dampen it slightly so not so brittle before gluing it.

Reply to
ss