Glue question

Can anyone tell me the name of the glue, and/or where to buy it, that they use for sticking credit cards to letters?

It's kind of rubbery and has limited adhesion, but would be ideal for sticking closed my wedding invites!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Reply to
Justin Hughes

I reckon a low-tack spray adhesive (available from art/craft suppliers) would do the job - use a stencil to apply it so you get a neat patch of adhesive on the card.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Not sure, but wouldn't Blu-Tack do?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

ISTR a plastic mouse type thing that took little cassetts of adhesive paper, you rolled it along the surface and it peeled the glue from the paper and deposited it on the surface (rolling up the spent paper internally). You could get both permenent and "post it" style adhesive for them.

Try Viking Direct part number Q22-950

John Rumm

Reply to
Huge

Write "DECEASED" on the envelope and post back to sender. That finally works. :)

Reply to
Tony Williams

Not with Viking. :o)

They're still sending catalogues to a company I wound up 13 years ago...

Reply to
Huge

You also get on the paper mailing list list if you order from them over the internet.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

"Huge" wrote | > Write "DECEASED" on the envelope and post back | > to sender. That finally works. :) | Not with Viking. :o) | They're still sending catalogues to a company I wound up 13 years ago...

Place a (small) order and when the invoice arrives send it back with a copy of the winding-up notice.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Dave, I'm trying to make my home made invites look professional!

Reply to
Justin Hughes

"Justin Hughes" wrote | > Not sure, but wouldn't Blu-Tack do? | Dave, I'm trying to make my home made invites look professional!

If it's fairly stiff card you're trying to stick, what about little circles of hook-and-loop? They're sold by commercial stationers for mounting things onto exhibition boards and the like.

Owain

Reply to
Owain