Gloss painted walls - How to fix them

The smell of the weed would have overpowered the smell of the paint :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And builders have a sign on their vans saying "No tools kept in the van overnight".

I have a sign that says "Well driven? - If yes then call the police as the van is stolen"

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Wallpaper instead?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Same with me in bathroom, but at least there one can get thick wet caustic on and hose down after: any other room a disaster (Incidentally though - as I've noted before - gloss on top of lining paper treated with antifungals worked very well in my bathroom, once I'd got the gloss off the plaster.).

Spamlet

Good thinking: so long as the room is fairly condensation free, it would paper over too. The problem comes with damp: then it all peels back from the edges.

Spamlet

I would have thought that a bit of a roughening-up with something abrasive would suffice. What about scouring pads, Vim, wire wool etc?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Well, the way you put it certainly had me thinking some gentle persuasion might have been involved (baseball bats came to mind).

Dunno. They don't lay their resin eggs until after the prize male plant has been in to get them in the mood. And the stud fees are enormous.

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

This year I noted they planted all but the last 60 feet at the edges of the fields, and planted something different at the edge - so it was not obvious until it was time to harvest!

;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

There was some gentle persuasion "Do you want to leave now or shall we call the police?". I doubt the police would ignore the cannabis plants and the bypassed electric meter.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Positively gentlemanly.

At least they didn't run out of credit ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's ok, there's a five-year-old who can fix that :)

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Similar situation: oil-based paint on plaster, well-painted, i.e. thinned and allowed to soak in.

I tried paint stripper, a hot-air gun, and open flame. Isn't worth the expense, time and trouble, which is considerable. I hacked it off and reskimmed.

If doing it again, I'd hire one of these:

...which is in German, but you'll be able to figure it out. It's a slow-running angle grinder with stars picking off a bit off the surface, and ring to set to take off only so much.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer