Gloss paint yellows?

Does gloss paint on woodwork yellow faster than, say, satinwood finish?

Reply to
GB

It goes yellow because of cheap pigments reacting with the air, pollutants or sunlight. In days of yore it was white lead that was good. The good one now is apparently titanium dioxide

Reply to
harry

No. it doesn't It goes yellow because the actual emulsion - oil traditionally - yellows under ultraviolet light

It's there anything you DO know about bar ripping off your neighbours?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Um, in my experience it goes yellow where it *isn't* exposed to any light. White skirting boards often go yellow behind furniture.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I have a can of such stuff here somewhere and it does warn of that effect (needs light, I expect UV, to keep it white) May be something to do with TiO pigments but CBATGI(1)

Avpx

(1) Can't be bothered to google it :-)

Reply to
The Nomad