Getting rid of Mice

| In article , | snipped-for-privacy@hyphenologist.co.uk.invalid says... | > On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 10:52:40 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" | > wrote: | > | > | Hi, | > | | > | We have got a mouse in our house and we want to know best way to get him | > | out of the house. | > | | > | We do not want to kill him. Ultrasound system any good? | > | > You will have a family at least, even if you can only sees one. | > | > Poison is IMO the only way :-( | | Except they can then wander off and die in inconvenient places ...

IME you find mummified mice in the oddest places, which did not smell.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

How do you know its a 'HIM'?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

humane mousetraps, screwfix - work beautifully

Reply to
Steve Walker

Couldn't find them. I got mine from a local pet shop.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I was standing in the shed yesterday when a 6" rat rushed out and looked at me. I dropped the toolbox I was holding on it and it is no longer a problem.

Forget the toolbox solution then.

Reply to
dennis

ROFL. Visons of that Russian dish of a very small bird inside a partridge inside a guinea fowl inside a chicken inside..... you get the idea. Anywar, u.f+d.misc, I guess.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Good for Squirrels, too.

You could feed the dead mouse to the dog...

I agree that letting 'em go won't often kill them as long as there's a reasonable alternative habitat.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I have a squirrel make off in a fenn trap once, I thought the tenant had displosed of the trap - I was wrong. I found it.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Shouldn't think they're quick enough, they need to pounce on and hold/disable their prey, they don't often chase it.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You might have one if you have a mad cat who lets them go once they're in the house.

Reply to
mogga

No I can't, don't have a dog...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Doesn't that make a bit of a mess of the bottom of the toolbox?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That's true enough. My four eat and sleep. Then they sleep some more, before hauling themselves of their beds to eat a little more. Then th effort is all too much and they have to sleep some more. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

They're predators. If you feed 'em, they sure as hell aren't going to waste any energy finding food for themselves. Breathe, eat, excrete, sleep, and make babies, and that's about it. See also any documentary on lions.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

ha. Ours does that. Brings them inside, plays with them for a while & then gets bored & wanders off... Stupid damn thing. I put down the rentokil things against the walls. That seems to see them off. Of course short rations for the cat means she eats them rather than plays as well.

Hamie

ha. Ours does that. Brings them inside, plays with them for a while & then gets bored & wanders off... Stupid damn thing. I put down the rentokil things against the walls. That seems to see them off. Of course short rations for the cat means she eats them rather than plays as well.

Hamie

Not much use on alligators though.

Andy Dingley

Well, no, but if the OP had alligators (a) he would have said, and (b) the mice would be the least of his worries.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ultra sound in my experience will reduce the problem of rodents if not completely eliminate it. Rats, bats or mice seem to be repelled to a degree. You can buy these units from about 20UKP on the high street.

In article , Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt writes

Reply to
Jerry

It would be illegal to use it with the intention of disturbing bats.

Reply to
Bax