Getting paint mixed to match kitchen units

I want a exact paint match to my kitchen units .Is it possible to take a piece of kitchen unit about 10x2 inches to a DIY store and have it scanned with their Dulux computerised mixing machine to get a perfect match.If not is there another way (other than trial and error) of getting a good match.

Thanks

Reply to
alan kearn

It should be possible. I've never tried it, but I think I've seen the scanner "pen".

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I took a piece of wallpaper in last week to my local Travis Perkins and they scanned it to come up with a match. Worked very well.

Ash

Reply to
Ash

There's matching and matching!!!!

They will match it to there nearest colour chip,,, unless they'v improved,, if your colour is between the two they'll scratch thei head...

The only way to get a perfect match is to visit your local car pain supplier and ask them to match it,,, if they know what they're up to i will be perfect,, they should even be able to match the level o gloss...

You will need the right primer though!!

Good luc

-- Andy-

Reply to