Germany to uk plug rewiring...

Hi, i'm just wondering if anyone here can help?

I've bought a laptop from germany and i live in the uk, the laptop wil come with a power supply that will work in the uk (switching kind however the plug will be germany 2 prong type.

Is it easy to take the plug off and rewire with a uk plug

-- drky

Reply to
drky

yes

Reply to
Geoffrey

If it's the flat type (similar to the ones on, say, electric razors) you can also get permanent adaptors; basically a 13 amp plug(top) that takes the plug, then you tightne the cover down and it all locks into place. CPC do them.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Basically, if you need to ask such a basic question, no - best get someone who knows how to wire a plug to show you....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

It will probably have one of 3 types of standard mains connectors (IEC, figure-8 and another that looks like a 3-way figure-8) that go into the PSU - UK style leads are readily and cheaply available for at least 2 of them.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

I've found that a shaver adapter works fine :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

and another that

cheaply available

Maplin do all three types: IEC, fig 8, and clover leaf.

Reply to
DJC

Buy a new cable. It's safer and you'll still have the euro plug.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

it does seem a worrying question... think I'll second Jerrys suggestion, get someone to show you how to do it.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

yes.