Gas Safe Engineer

But in the absence of any other information, it serves to further conceal their location. While their "Registered Office" could be an accommodation address intended solely for the receipt and forwarding of mail. Which could be anywhere - should anyone be bothered to look. An impressive office block in the centre of town, or above a newsagents in a village.

Harry Bloomfield supplied the answer.

Formerly I suggested that they were working in a back bedroom and had already compiled their list of engineers. But of course, as Harry pointed out, there's no need for this at all. All they need do is feed the addresses of potential customers into the Gas Safe Register and there you go. Apparently I'm surrounded by them; as is anyone living in a town most likely. And there are plenty of other sites for other trades Mybuilder, Checkatrade etc. etc. All of whom already come highly recommended. Naturally.

So seemingly all you need is a good website, merchant accreditation from CC card providers and a fast broadband connection along with some fake reviews maybe. And located almost anywhere - the UK is your oyster.

However the big problem with this as with almost all such surefire get rich quick schemes is actually attracting customers. Letting them know you exist. Previously you'd have had to advertise which potentially could cost shedloads to be effective now in additions/instead you need to achieve a high ranking on Google and other search engines; while competing with maybe hundreds of others trying to achieve exactly the same objective.

michael adams

michael adams

I remember offering to draw a diagram of a changeover switch for a doorbell.

For a time-served industrial electrician.

And don't get me started on academics ... although I do know a couple of male PhDs who can cook and put up shelves.

Still, for the moment, we've got all the tadpoles so we don't need to actually be good at anything.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

She terrified the King of Saudi Arabia in 2003 when she drove him around one of her estates.

Apparenbtly she likes driving rather fast and as women weren't allowed to drive in Saudi at the time she probably din't slow down especially for him.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It wouldn't be unusual if it was the address of their accountants, there just happens to be such a firm "RL Accountancy" on the business park YourCare uses as their registered address ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

But it's quite easy to have a phone number with an area code in a totally different part of the country from where you actually are.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

But why would you want an area code anywhere ? If you choose an area code in the SE then this will put off people in the SW, Midlands, NW, NE Scotland Wales etc

Whatever area you choose, will put off people living elsewhere

Whereas by using 0330 you're not putting anyone off but marketing yourself to the whole of the UK.

michaael adams

michael adams

I've (as a kid) certainly seen her driving a Land Rover at Balmoral. ISTR she rather liked the early versions long after they were updated.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Its most likely the address of their accountants. That way companies house communications go directly to them.

While uniformed conjecture can be fun, it does tend to draw one to less than accurate conclusions.

Not wishing to spoil anyone's cynicism party, but it's worth noting its not difficult to go look up the actual data instead.

A whois record check on the domain will find it was registered in 2013.

If you look at the bottom of their web page you will find the registered company details, so can then go look them up on the companies house web site. At which point you will find they have made up accounts and a 5 year trading history, with a move to profit in about 2017, and consistent growth over the last couple of trading years. The average number of employees for the 2017-18 year was 9, and last year that had risen to 16. So it seems like its going to be getting rather cosy in that back bedroom.

Reply to
John Rumm

So 5 months to learn how to and service trucks? Before moving into management?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

and I've passed her on the A939, the LR coming towards me pulled into a passing place,

Reply to
charles

Might be many of the same photos but a bit more text here:

polygonum_on_google

No its inept administration. I've seen it on Virgin Media, BT, and many others. We used to call it the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, but it goes one stage further, the people who cocked up don't believe the customer actually knows more than they do. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

With no synchro on first and second!

Reply to
Bob Eager

possibly

Reply to
rick

I did think it a bit like the Monty Python Sketch on the Doug & Dinsdale the Piranha Brothers, where they run a protection scheme threatening not to beat people up if they paid them money.

rick

They have now sent an engineer, but adamant they did not send the one who did the service.

Reply to
rick

I have a valid contract with "Your Repair" so when I got a call form a person who advises they are a GasSafe Engineer wanting to come and carry out service on behalf of "Your Repair" I had no alarm bills ring.

When she turned up and showed her GasSafe photo ID card, explained how she would work complying with Covid-19 and then carried out service as per normal ..... I did not think there were any issues. Especially when she entered all details in her laptop, and even went through the entries with me.

"Your Repair" still insist they did not send her, so maybe random Engineers carrying out free service calls is the new thing.

I have tried to track her down with GasSafe register, but they advise they cannot tell me any 'female' engineer.

Reply to
rick

No issue with that, 2 weeks ago BT sent a female broadband engineer - first time that had happened and she proved very knowledgeable and proficient.

Reply to
rick

Prince Andrew has reportedly done a fair bit of servicing

Reply to
rick

Since British Gas, SSE/Swalec & Corgi hiked their prices so high, there are several companies offering this 'repair contract' service. They don't own engineers, no apprentices, no spares, no fleet of vans, no insurance, pension or holidays ..... they can offer cover using sub-concentrator resource much cheaper YourRepair, 24/7 Home Rescue, Hometree etc.

Reply to
rick