Hantek DSO USB programming question?

(As asked elsewhere) ... and following on from the removing smoke smells of electronic equipment post ... I've been doing some more exploration of these Hantek 6022BE PC / USB oscilloscopes and found that 1) they are also supported on Linux (tried and tested and handy if I wanted to dedicate a small PC or PC tablet to the task) and 2) there is a hardware mod you can apply to allow decoupling of the input using a soft switch on the OpenHantek software.

The only thing I'm unsure about (and there may well be no straight answer in any case) is what state would the USB input be in (AC/DC) if it was used with the std software that doesn't have this soft feature? eg, I don't mind if it's just on DC but do mind if it's just on AC?

Might it be a matter of getting the scope board out of the case, running it up on the std software, sticking the scope itself (or a DMM) on the pin(s) they use to trigger the soft-switch and seeing what happens, suck it and see?

I was really asking in case there was someone out there who had programmed USB ports / devices and could tell if an otherwise 'unused' feature might default to outputting a high or low?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m