Gas fires in Bedrooms / upstairs rooms?

King Charles Spaniel? Bred to keep the lap warm.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

It appears that Economy 7 (as such) only came in in 1978, though there was another system which had an additional boost period in the early afternoon, presumably as storage heaters weren't so good. With that system only the storage heaters and the immersion heater (if any) came on during the off-peak times - everything else was full rate all the time. I don't know what that tariff was called. I remember having it in

1975 or so and also up to 1998.
Reply to
Max Demian

Looxury...

We only had hot water bottles, and then only in beds that hadn't been slept in recently, to 'air' them. Not that they did very much.

Reply to
Max Demian

Or peasant wench.

Reply to
Max Demian

I was born in 1975. We had oil fired central heating with radiators. I= believe the boiler was on it's last legs, so my parents soon got storag= e heaters, fitted by my friend's father a block away. They worked ok, a= lthough it was a hassle deciding what level to put them on the night bef= ore. And the output was pretty much uncontrollable - if you'd charged t= hem up fully, you got a lot of heat out during the day whether you wante= d it or not.

My next door neighbour had something really cool in the late 80s which w= as radio controlled. He got a very cheap rate if he used electricity wh= en they told him to. He had a huge tank of water which was heated by el= ectricity when the radio signal told it to, which would heat the radiato= rs whenever the thermostat called for heat.

And somehow the electricity board would magically know if you cheated an= d ran your TV off the cheap circuit?!

-- =

Illegal is a big sick bird.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Doesn't your body create heat?

-- =

Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Ooooh kinky!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

In Scotland I think it was "White Meter".

Day rate is 08.00-23.30. Night rate is 23.30-08.00. Control rate is for storage heating and the control circuit is energised for 8.5hrs in every 24hr period. In recent winters the charge period has been split to provide 7:5hrs overnight and 1hr in the afternoon, between 12.30pm and 3.30pm.

"View the option tables"

"there are 734 meter configurations reflected in the settlement process."

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

He's incorrect about "everything else was full rate all the time". The rate changed for the whole house depending on the time of day. The storage heaters were simply timed to come on during that time. You could also run washing machines etc on their own timers to benefit from the low rate.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword