gas fire / pilot light

We have one of those glass fronted, fake coal, Gas fires. The pilot light is now burning with a marked yellow colour, and there is a sooty streak appearing above it on the inside of the glass - is there anything I can do about it, or is it a case for the professionals ?

Reply to
Kent Mere

This would depend on your level of gas fitting skills. As always, if you need to ask then you are probably not quite ready to tackle the job unaided. essentially it's a matter of crap removal from the pilot burner assembly.

However it might just be due to a number of other quite serious problems, what's more this is a front line safety critical component all of which explains why this is a probably a job for a pro.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I was just nosing around on the internet and came up with something that might be important for you to know!

Carbon monoxide may be present if there are any of the following danger signs:

Gas flames that normally burn blue burn orange or yellow instead. Sooty stains appear on or just above appliances, regardless of the fuel being burnt.

Carbon monoxide is deadly so if i was you i wouldnt take a chance n get it looked at straight away!

Reply to
fcukott