Mosaic Tiles

Have been looking for a particular mosaic tile. Pretty common, I thought. Various shades of the same colour and white in a random mix. See them everywhere. But not in green. Blue, yes. Beige, of course. Red, even. Can get near what I want in faux mosaic from B&Q, but would rather have the real thing. Went to one posh showroom in Fulham. Had exactly what I wanted in their kitchen area - help yourself to a coffee. Not available anymore but we can do something similar. In glass. Made to order. 300 quid a square metre plus VAT. Faux suddenly becomes less of an issue...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Serves you right for crossing the river

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Tile prices sem to be quite regional in SW London. Chiswick may be a little lower, Chelsea somewhat higher.

Glass if transparent is probably not a good idea. You have to have a perfectbed of adhesive with no marks, blemishes or bubbles. Otherwise the substrate shows straight through.

Reply to
Andy Hall

These had a sort of textured surface so probably not a problem. I didn't much like them anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They were probably woodchip.

Reply to
Maris

Easy enough to make them with an opaque background (two layers of glass fused together, transparent on the top and opaque at the back).

For that sort of price per m/squared I'd set aside my artistic considerations and make you some myself - how many square metres dis Sir require ?

All joking apart, there's a fellow in the USA who I've dealt with - he makes glass tiles with beautiful dichroic glass - very special.... but not cheap - you'd probably want to use them as an 'accent' rather thando an enitre shower-room in them.

Effect similar to the little fused dishes at the top of my homepage

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian