Gas fire

About 18 months after being installed my Mums gas fire started to give out very little heat. I'm guessing this was a gradual thing. Eventually the entire innards were replaced which cured the problem. One of the fellas that looked at it said that lead pipes can corrode internally and this can move up to the burners and block them. If this is the case then my Mum can presumably expect to be having the same problem in another 18 months. Is it possible that the 'lead pipes corroding' diagnosis might be correct?

Regards

Reply to
Periproct

Possible but rare. I have also had problems with internal dust on a large commercial supply piped entirely in yellow plastic outside to the meter and steel within the building. Obviously no lead pipe involved on that job.

Reply to
cynic

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that none of the other fires in the house have been affected but they are all a lot older. Maybe bigger jets. Just guessing. I reckon we'll wait and see what happens rather than getting an old Mum all stressed with renewing the pipe run.

Reply to
Periproct

Sounds like bullshit to me, because the fitter either didn't have a clue what was wrong, or was covering up for a mistake which caused the fault.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for the response. IMHO the original fitters were a bunch of clowns. Managed to leave a part out causing the paint to burn off the front panel. The corroded lead pipe theory came from the last of a string of Corgi registered gas men before the whole works were replaced.

Reply to
Periproct