Garden Wall Construction

Until he found that the safe height for a 9" wall, without piers, was 1.3m

Reply to
alan_m

In which case wouldn't a 9" wall with piers every 2-3m be more sensible than making the whole wall 18"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Probably yes.

Reply to
alan_m

In message snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net>, Jeff Gaines <jgaines snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> writes

Small point about fences next to public rights of way.. inevitably some child will think it hugely entertaining to rattle a stick along vertical fence slats:-(

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Then I might think it amusing to rattle a stick along said small child!

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

I've been advocating that all along, to almost universal derision.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Funnily enough I was in a garden yesterday that had once been a school playground, and the wall (built 1928) was six ft high, 9", with piers every nine feet.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Well you're going to reinstate it anyway, and that's all they'd demand if you did it without PP.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright