Construction methods for veranda wall

We are proposing to build a short wall (about 2.4 metres long and 2 metres high) across the end of the veranda to replace the current fence panels.

One end will touch the corner of the house, the other will be free standing.

We thought brick/block to match the house - brick up to knee height then render.

Our builder thinks this is overkill (also, some issues about matching a single skin brick/block wall with a double skin wall where the blocks have been set in to allow for the render).

He is suggesting stud work and some kind of cladding.

We want to be sure it will last as long as a brick/block wall.

So - construction suggestions more than welcome.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

free standing end of single skin brick/block - mmmm cue wind!

can't you build 2 skins of brick up then 1 (recessed block) thick above - presume your builder has not suggested that? if not why?!?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K