Garden Office Building? What do you recommend?

Look, I'm sorry I just munged the quote an all, but I'm way too tired to fix it again, anyway you two will probably enjoy and also be amazed as I was; having just done my first laminate job out of the 3 planned, I was checking the joint proximity spacing as directed by the maker (looking for 30cm at least between overlaps) well I've always felt there was something odd about that room, and when I checked, the spacing came out on every joint at 42! - now that can throw you when you first see it, but after several!

Oh yes, I know about modulus etc. but it doesn't help when you actually SEE it, since that only prepares you for the repetition, not the damn number itself! ;O) Called for a large mug of brownian liquid to recover composure I can tell you! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

er ...

I'm sure you're right ...

Thanks for sharing ...

Mary too thick for Gnube!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Because they can. Because they want to.

I have done it. So what ? Not everyone is au-fait or cares about ISO codes anyhow, including some of the banks judging by the state of their FX software. Dave

Reply to
David

Refer to

20, 49

Also look at

planning permission.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

how it goes together. You can reverse the door and window positions simply by reversing the logs for the front section.

Roof details at

a rough idea of the roof appearance when combined with a timber building, although the illustration is obviously of a complete house. Combining cedar shakes (I could have also used shingles) with the cabin works very well, especially after adding a few detail mouldings etc. to the barge boards and fascias.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Because its the first thing someone thought of when they wrote it. Doesnt matter to me if its GBP, UKP, LSD or £. No, not that LSD.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Bizarre though it sounds, the relevant sub-vomittee (a typo, but too appropriate to correct) of ISO *has* made an ill-judged and (hopefully) ill-phrased pronouncement about collecting "database publishing charges" on the *use* of (maybe only complete and up-to-date collections of?) two-letter country codes. Yes, like in geographical top-level domains. Yes, like in MIME tags for languages on web pages.

Clue-by-fours are being vigorously administered by the W3C, ICANN, and other bodies representing (some aspects of) the interests of Net users. There's probably a suitably incredulous article by John Leyden at theregister.co.uk by now...

Just remember - in international standardisation bodies as in party politics, just because an idea is patently loony on its face doesn't mean it won't get proposed in all apparent seriousness...

Stefek, driftin' along, aiming as always to both entertain and inform ;-)

Reply to
stefek.zaba

OK, this tells us what the market is currently like. One of the longest threads we've had for some time, and it's about *sheds* :-)

Jim Lawton

don't mind him, he's just hitchhiking round one little corner of our galaxy, while the balance of his mind is disturbed by the Awesome Power of his new fjord-grinder, I mean fresian-grinder, no, jute-grinder, dammit, Angle-grinder...

Reply to
stefek.zaba

Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

It'll be pocket fluff next! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Don't mind 'Im, Icini do that routine before! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

I've just finished digging 900ft of ditch, laying drainage pipes, an alkathene water pipe with five stand points, and installing an armoured garden ring-main with IP65 sockets. I am currently building a 20ft by 20ft fruit cage, containing raised beds for three varieties of strawberry, blackcurrent, redcurrents, a single tayberry and three rows of raspberries. When it rains I am building a computer for my prospective son-in-law and editing 28 hours of digital video taken when my wife and I spent three weeks living with hill-tribe villagers in Thailand.

I don't watch much telly - and I sleep extremely soundly!

Reply to
Sad Sid

Unless you live in a conservation area planning permission is not necessary for "utility" buildings which are not habitable. They must be separate from the house, built entirely within your own ground and meet maximum height limits. (Hence the recent fury over a man who built a games room and gymnasium that was larger than his house. Planning officials could do nothing.)

Reply to
Sad Sid

No, it's mostly off-topic hysteria about something trivial

Reply to
Sad Sid

longest threads

A crossposting to uk.rec.sheds might be fun :~))

Jenny

Reply to
JennyC

THe two option I'm consdiering are a conservatory or a "tay" log cabin.

The log cabin is cheaper, though a bit more fiddly as it won't be connected to the house (from

but both require planning permission (in my case). You want to make sure that you have proper business permission if your business pays for it, rather than rents space in it from you (and make sure something domestic is in it to show it is part of the private dwelling. And soon as you show up on councils radars as running a business from home, beware....

I'm going to attached mine all up to my existing house alarm system and add some cameras. As it will be at the back, the dog (and all the neighbours dogs) will add protection too.

Reply to
Will Trash-Spam

Sad Sid writes

And if you did ask for planning permission, isn't there a risk that the local authority might try to ask for business rates?

Reply to
Simon Elliott

What experiences have you had then? Change of use or what?

Jim Lawton

but why are you sad, Sid?

Reply to
Jim Lawton