Garage Door Weatherstrip

I've been searching for a while for a product to seal the bottom of my Garage door to prevent rain ingress. Found an american product on the web called stormshield but I've been unable to find a supplier here. Any one have any ideas where I could buy or make up a similar thing?

Any help much appreciated!

Keith Oliver

Most garage door companys should either stock or will obtain this product.You can try

if you are in the south

Reply to
Alex

insulate water pipes. They slide/clip onto to the bottom of the door. They compress on closing the up and over door.

Keith G. Powell

Reply to
Keith G. Powell

I had exactly this problem 2 years ago! I have a metal door which has a slot along the bottom with a thin rubber strip running in it. This had got worn and split and could not find any decent rubber seals.

I noticed a row of square holes along the bottom inside of the door! Went to a decent tool shop and bought some "captive nuts" which fitted in the holes perfectly. I had some old strips of aluminium, put some holes in it and bought a role of 60 by 4mm rubber, Sandwiched it between the door and strip and it works a treat.

I live near Bristol and there is/was a firm which sold rubber sheeting in the city centre.

I realise you may not have the same door construction but the principle may be of help!

Reply to
Peter J Hemmings

Thanks all, much appreciated. I've adopted Keith P's excellent and cheap, pipe lagging solution at least till I find something better!

Cheers Keith

Reply to
Keith Oliver

I pop-rivited some plastic damp-proof course material along the bottom of the door.

Been in place 3 or more years and works a treat- good enough to seal but free enough to let the electric door opener to work.

Reply to
Brian Reay