Garage Door

I need to re-paint my Henderson up and over garage door. I have started to scrape off the loose paint that has been on for about 18 years. I don't want to scrape all of it off, but would welcome advice on preparing for painting. I am assuming, rub the surface with glass paper to provide a key. wipe down with turps, spot undercoat where I have scraped down to the primer. Then paint top coat. Any improvements to suggest?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Hammerite possibly?

Reply to
Nick

A bit of a bugger to apply if I recall correctly. Also there won't be a colout to suit SWMBO (I guarantee)

Reply to
DerbyBorn