Hi, have just had solid wood floors fitted in an old house. There are some large gaps under a few skirting boards - floor is bowed and max gap is about 15 mm tapering to 0 mm at the skirting board ends.

I do not want to use quadrant. The boards will be painted.

What is the best way to hide these gaps?

Many thanks.

Reply to
nafuk

Introducing the uk.d-i-y universal tool & materials kit. Soon to be available from eBay, ScrewFix, CPC and ToolStation in a take-away bag. Note: kit does not contain a hacksaw ...

Kit Contents

#1 Angle Grinder #2 Car Body Filler #3 WD40 #4 SDS Drill #5 MultiMaster #6 Medway Handyman Fridge Magnet ...

From this you can select item #2 and then finish off with item #5 or in extremis item #1.

Reply to
Adrian C

Decorators caulk.

Davey

Is there a uk.d-i-y Top Trumps game?

Reply to
Jules

Strap a thing to a pencil so the lead is 15mm from the edge of the thing. Run this along the skirting board, it will copy the line of the floor onto it 15mm up. Cut along line, refit skirting perfectly. If this kirting meets other ok skirting, you will of course have to address the differing height by using bigger skirting to begin with or padding it with timber.

NT

Reply to
NT

I suppose you could scribe the boards, take them off, cut them, and put them back.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Mornington Crescent.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I thought you was dead, Humphrey.

Reply to
PeterC

The old 3-part kit was better.

Reply to
Laurence Payne

#6 makes a reasonable emergency Fugenboy...

What about Duck Tape?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thank you for all the replies. For the larger gaps we went back and scribed the boards and adjacent boards.

Reply to
nafuk