G9 Lampholder

I have a ceiling lamp with 5 splayed out G9 Lamps. One has started to arc and needs replacing. Damned if I can see how to do it. It looks like is has a one way lock. The lampholder has a threaded outside for the glass cylindrical shades.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

G9 bulbs normally just pull straight out. Is it possible that some arcing took place between the bulb and socket contacts and has spot welded the two together?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Jeff Layman snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote in news:q2agt9$vef$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I think the contacts have lost their spinginess due to heating.

Reply to
DerbyBorn