Fuses - again

Only the likes of you would use a stock 13 amp to 13 amp extension lead with a large welder on full belt. Perhaps you should Google voltage drop.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just wondered if the sand would help prevent the fuse exploding in event of a sudden severe overload?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Logically , well it does prevent arcing as there's no air to jump across. Obviuosly I;ve only seen the glass ones 'explode' or rather you get a flash.

I'll ask wodney to put some fuses in a glass of petrol as his ones seem to alllow water in through the end caps, then he can try them out :-}

Maybe that's why there's so many fires in australia shitty fuses. ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Prove what point exactly?

I am talking about the manufacturer here, not the end users.

Reply to
John Rumm

Its primary purpose is to quench the arc in the event of a fault. So yes they can and will reduce the explosion risk - especially on low impedance supplies.

Reply to
John Rumm

I don't, but don't let fact get in the way, just keep making it up as usual.

Why, I learnt about that when a child. And while we're here it does not stop a significant number of people successfully using 30A (input current) welders on 30/32A circuits & 13A plugs.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr