Full elecrical test?

I'm putting my house on the market in the next few weeks. I can see the advantages in having an electrical certificate to impress would be buyers.

There may have been some electrical work that wasn't done to Part P, all pre-dated it of course!

If I get a sparky round to check it out and give me a certificate what sort of checks would he do? Also what could I expect to pay?

Thank you.

mark b

Reply to
mark b

Unless there's glaring problems withe the electrics (which presumably there aren't, or you wouldn't be thinking of having a test done) I really can't see buyers getting excited about whether there's an electrical report done or not. Do you really think someone will buy or not buy your house because you haven't got a report to show them? If a prospective purchaser raises concerns with the electrics during negotiations, you could think about it then, maybe?

I had a Periodic Inspection (which is what you'd need) done on a 2-up 2 down which I'd rewired pre-Part P; cost 85 quid IIRC, which I think is quite reasonable compared to what I've heard others have paid. It involved stuff like checking for presence of correct earthing/supplementary bonding, electrical continuity of all circuits, checking for safe and correct wiring etc etc.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Do you really think someone will buy or not buy your house because you haven't got a report to show them?

Good answer. I'm going with this idea and do nothing.

Thank you. mark b

Reply to
mark b