Fuel pipe for leaf blower

Hi All,

Dug my Ryobi petrol leaf blower out of the shed (again hasn't been used in years) and it has a fuel leak caused by one of the fuel lines either having become detached from the tank or has broken away. It isn't the one with the weight but the other one. Couple of quick questions..

  1. is this just a return to the tank for excess fuel (e.g. when I squeeze the bulb)?
  2. how far does it need to go into the tank? As it is at the moment, it would only go in a few mm - hence why I thought maybe it has broken.
  3. If I need to replace it, is it anything special or will any flexible tube of roughly the right diameter work?
  4. I can't find the model number on it anywhere but googling I it looks like a PBV30. However, the parts sites don't seem to have any fuel lines on the breakdown diagrams :(.

Any help appreciated

thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leen...

It sounds like it, the purge bulb sucks fuel from the weighted filter in the tank via the carburettor to prime the carburettor and purge any bubbles from it.

Measure the outer diameter and figure whether it is 2.5mm or 3mm ID and order a length from one of the garden spares firms. Stihl hose is about

6mm OD 3mm ID and the clear plastic stuff is about 5mm OD 3mm ID. Both sizes are critical, the OD for the fit into the tank and the ID for over the pipe from the carb

I buy from L&S engineers for speed of dispatch and OEM parts and JAPGmowers for quick dispatch.

Reply to
AJH

Also silicone hose from eBay: lots of choice. Slightly more expensive than PVC, but more flexible, does not harden, and fine near exhausts.

Reply to
newshound

Thanks all. Found a kit including the pipe, 2 filters and 2 of those bulb things for £5 delivered. Just fitted it and it works a treat :)

Reply to
leen...