from British Gas ....

Dear James There?s been a lot in the news lately about challenges in the energy market. We want to reassure you that there?s nothing for you to worry about as a British Gas customer.

We buy a lot of our gas and electricity in advance, so we?re less affected by sudden increases in the price of energy than smaller, less stable suppliers.

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ...

they mean the fly by nigh fly men parasites then.....'Who is your gas and electricity with?'....a decent company...

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ...

Roughly translated, that means they've been overcharging you for years.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

happy to avoid all the stupid switching about

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

You must have money to burn then! LOL

It was common knowledge round here that after privatisation of the gas and electricity industries, it was cheaper to buy gas from an electricity company and electricity from a gas company due to the competition rules.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

But often the savings are 100s for less than 10 minutes work

Reply to
alan_m

I thought dual fuel was the big thing after deregulation.

Reply to
Scott

It only became possible after derugulation but for a time regional gas and electricity suppliers were constrained by competition rules in their captive areas.

Reply to
Jack Harry Teesdale

Or that they have been careful and used your money to build up stocks to buffer people from sudden shocks. I guess it depends on which you think is right. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

so why are they shoving their prices up now when they've bought all the energy cheaply last year then?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

because BG is part of Centrica, Centrica have a shedload of debt to pay down and also to hopefully rebuild the dividend pot for the long suffering shareholders who have had to endure a significant fall in Cntrica's share price......

Reply to
SH

In message <sivciq$37h$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Jim.GM4DHJ ... snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com writes

I knew the Grid Controller for Scottish Gas. It was his job to work out how much gas he needed in advance and get the best price. He had to get it pretty exact.

Brian

Reply to
brian

You could have paid someone to do it all for you and still saved a fortune. Call yourself a Scot? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Why isn't this message from "Scottish Gas" though ?

Reply to
Andrew

+1.
Reply to
Andrew

cheapskate ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

indeed

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I wondered that too ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

. I assume that you never check that your car/house insurance is over priced.

Reply to
alan_m

If these companies are so ethical why don't they put all their customers on the cheapest tariff that they offer in the marketplace

Reply to
alan_m