From BBC web news !

No doubt we won't learn quite what caused this but this could have been a child.

"Dog electrocuted walking along Galashiels street Engineers are carrying out checks after a dog was electrocuted as it walked along a pavement in the Borders at the weekend.

Passers-by are reported to have seen sparks coming from a pipe attached to a building before the Collie-Lurcher was killed crossing a puddle.

Police sealed off an area of the High Street in Galashiels after the incident on Sunday afternoon.

Scottish Power said they were working to establish the cause of the accident.

Engineers were called out to shut down the supply and make the area safe.

A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "We can confirm we attended an incident in which a dog was electrocuted.

"The pavement was taped off and Scottish Power were informed and the incident passed over to them."

A Scottish Power spokesman said: "We are checking the infrastructure of the building, but as yet we still do not know what happened. The matter is still under investigation."

Reply to
robgraham

A child would have been wearing shoes, which would probably have provided adequate insulation, and, even if not, an electrical path from foot to foot does not pass near the heart.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Nope wrong. There was a builder stitting nearby angle grinding his toenails. The dog pissed itself...

... then got electrocuted.

Reply to
Adrian C

In Galashiels?

Reply to
dom

Galoshes?

Reply to
PeterC

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham saying something like:

Nonsense.

If it had been a child, they couldn't have deep fried it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

But it wasn't.

-- Halmyre