Freezer energy saver plugs

Mate is swapping one off his dead freezer onto his new one - I seem to recall something about such devices in the group and that some have been withdrawn.

Can anyone confirm. I have found references to them not being suitable if there is an electronic display. Anything else?

Reply to
John

Why is his freezer dead? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"savaplug" is the word you need to google - yes it's been done to death here and elsewhere.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Dunno very old and died.

Reply to
John

Does it work when fitted with an 'ordinary' plug?

Reply to
Roger Mills

they're not compatible with most new machines, as the technology is built in these days.

NT

Reply to
NT

Dunno - it is gone - new one in its place now.

Reply to
John