Frame for light roof

I am about to build a frame to support a plastic corrugated roof (ext to shed to create a dry area for working) the roof area will be approx 5 x

6 feet sloping (mono pitched). Frame 3 x 3 posts and edge supports for roof something like 2x 3 with a central span for additional support. Should I joint the 2 x 3 to the posts (halving joints) or just screw it all together as the weight of the roof shouldnt be more than a few kilo.
Reply to
ss

The problem isn't the weight of the roof itself so much as (this month) the weight of the snow on it, and (later) the forces caused by wind acting on it. 30 square feet is a fair sized sail.

Reply to
John Williamson

You need to consider snow. Or it will fall down. And wind. Or it will blow away. So the above is far too small. The roofing manufacturer will have advice on sizes and distances apart for supporting roof timbers.

Reply to
harry

+1. Something like 2x4 every 2 feet is more realistic
Reply to
meow2222