Fortic tank leak

Yes, blowing deadly kisses. A nasty wee souvenir.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Well that was an expensive decision. Have you looked into those new versions of storage heaters that are supposed to be more efficient according to the EU ?.

I would revert to economy 7 if you can. If you don't have gas then anything is cheaper that peak rate leccy, apart from an open fire.

Reply to
Andrew

Depends how you get your fuel. ;-) At least with an open fire you can glean free fuel. Less easy to do that with gas/oil/electricity.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yes, they're quite expensive in themselves and the fitting estimate was a bit of a shocker. Especially as it only cost £500 to take them out. But £2000 + to put them back in.

I do have this ideal of economy 7 and night storage heaters but it's unlikely to happen.

This place has a large lounge with south facing patio type windows. The least bit of sunshine, even in winter, has that room's warmth taken care of for the daytime. The kitchen tends to be self heating. The "master bedroom" is now a smaller combined computer room/lounge which can be retreated to on extra cold days for ease of heating. This leaves the second bedroom, which is small enough to run on body heat and a frugally employed Lidl electric blanket. Far from perfect but what the heck.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Those were the days!

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Were? They are my current days. Been burning logs in my log burner daily for weeks and weeks now, all locally gleaned, sawn, split, stacked and dried.

I can?t pretend that it?s enough to heat my whole house but it?s jolly nice. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The PM2.5 Police are coming for you ....

Reply to
Andrew