Follow-up: "A better measurement and marking system"

"Drawing lines is one thing. Machining or cutting timber, or timber based products, to the same degree of precision, is another."
In other words more difficult.
You see you've been caught out in a lie again.
Whereas you in effect are claiming that accurately cutting wood takes no more practice and skill than does drawing lines on paper
Although when this logical consequence of what you'd actually said was pointed out to you, as per usual, you started jumping up and down, and spewing insults.

No you haven't. One other poster extolled the virtues of a Festool track saw, which IMO shows very little extra benefit for the extra cost of 400 as compared with a home made job made out of birch ply. And as I pointed out the much vaunted precision available on the depth of the cut, would only be of real benefit for people wanting to saw panels on top of their dining room table.

Because I never said it.
And you're lying in claiming that I did.
It really is as simple as that.
michael adams
On Friday, May 23, 2014 5:23:41 PM UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

Suffering jayzuz. You've dug up a picture of an antique Wadkin machine and you think that helps your argument. Things have moved on from those days so nny.
Sad really sad.
You know f**k all about setting up an extraction system. Or of cutting mate rial on a sliding table saw where the cross cut fence is more used than the rip fence so the dust is not sliding across the surface of the board and h itting the rip fence because the rip fence is not in use. You really are hi larious. You've looked at a few pictures on the internet and think that mak es you an expert. Priceless. You poor idiot. Never seen a sliding table saw being used and now your an expert. What merits have accrued from your posts. You consistently talk shite. You contribute nothing but negatory remarks. You refuse to believe others could possibly own some decent equipment just because you can't afford it.
I see you've finally Googled Elu equipment. I knew you had never heard of i t. It was the cream of the crop in its day and the fact that I am still usi ng it after so many years shows this. You could never have afforded it or j udging by your diatribe against the Festool track saw never have appreciate d the quality of it.
Oh dear. that jealous streak again. Oh someone can afford a Festool track s aw. That cant be as good as my mickey mouse home made jobbie and I cant aff ord it. Again you've obviously never used a Festool track saw so how the f* *k would you know how good it was. Oh I forgot. You've seen a picture. Made you an instant expert again. If at this stage you haven't undertood how ea sy it is to cut wood accurately then thats an indication of a lack of intel ligence. I could show a child how to cut to 0.5mm on a saw. No problem. Eve n on that antique Wadkin.
I really enjoy these peices of light entertainment of yours. Can't wait for your next effort to demonstrate you appalling ignorance.
I sincerely hope you actually are compus mentis (Pleas Google this before y ou drop yourself in it again) I'd hate to think you really are dim witted a nd that I've been poking fun at a retard all along. I'm beginning to fear I really am dealing with such. I mean, anyone who continues to prove their o wn ignorance surely must be at least a lttle slow.

Easy. Buy a portable dust extractor, you know the ones that look like souped-up vaccuum cleaners on wheels. And run the hose along a boom
Here's the Festool version which comes in at $365.00. Which is about $340 more than it would cost to knock up the same thing out of a few lengths of timber. Or if you really want to push the boat out around $320 more for a similar thing knocked up out of steel conduit. White paint included.
http://festools-online.com/m0124-festool-ct-48-e-dust-extractor-boom-arm-set.html

Only from selling to people like you, who've apprently never ever heard of portable dust extractors.
I'd probably end up on "Watchdog" and be accused of taking advantage of mentally vulnerable people.
michael adams
On Friday, May 23, 2014 7:57:04 PM UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

Ohh too easy . We have THREE wheeled dust extractors. Two have the requisite hose for attachment to tools and that is how they are used.
You're taking the piss suggesting attaching one to a fence. Ohh that would be handy. Bloody thing getting in the way every time the fence or fence stop had to be moved.
And then would we need to attache one to the rip fence and each of the cross cut fence stops or keep swopping the bloody thing about.
Like a lot of shops we merely keep a dust blower suspended from the ceiling . A quick blast from that shifts any dust and the fine dust extractor situated above the saw keeps the air nice and clean.
That post of yours had a bit more humour in it. Just a small chuckle. Nothing compared to the classic 'Royal we' post. Makes me laugh all over again just thinking about it.
You're back on form tripping yourself up and demonstrating your complete ignorance of woodworking shops.
Hasta la vista (Google it ) Must try harder
On Friday, May 23, 2014 7:57:04 PM UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

set.html

To put a stop to your arrant (goggle it) nonsense about me merely claiming to own certain equipment , (jealousy manifest) for you delight I have uploa ded a few images here
http://fredsmithdc.smugmug.com/Hobby-Shop/i-6fh97x9
For verisimilitude (google it) I have included an image of the front of tod ay's Observer colour magasine.
As you will discover these images individually contain a variety of pieces of equipment which would be well nigh impossible to assemble unless in my p ersonal possession.
Namely an Elu 1/2" router mounted on a Woodrat.
An Elu 1/4" router with the carton for a Micro Fence http://www.microfence.com/ Google that. But be warned you probably can't afford it.
The spindle moulder on a Felder CF machine with alongside it a high speed r outer spindle for same and a few collets for same also
An inage of a Felder AF 22 dust extractor.
The small Bosch 1/4" router with plunge base sitting on aforementioned Micr ofence box.
And just to further delight you, and knowing how much you appreciate Festoo l equipment, an image of a Festool Domino. No doubt you have your own home made version of a loose tenon machine which is vastly superior to the Festo ol one and didn't cost you
http://www.axminster.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q stool+Domino+XL+DF+7 00
These images have been reduced for efficiency in transmission but I'd be ha ppy to provide you with the raw files to examine for any doctoring. If you know the slightest thing about altering digital images you will realise any doctoring of these images, containing as they do an image of the Observer magasine cover, would be very difficult to do and I certainly wouldn't be a rsed to do so to impress the likes of you.
You will need software to be able to read raw files from this camera
(Amazon.com product link shortened) UDEEC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid01017029&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+7
and be warned these files are in excess of 20mb each.
These images are of my personal workshop. If you wish tomorrow I will get y ou images of the Altendorf panel saw, the three mobile dust extractors, the Freud 1/2" router and some more Festool equipment.
On Sunday, May 25, 2014 12:45:35 PM UTC+1, fred wrote:

Know a joiner, strike that, cabinet maker who had his Festool mitre saw as wallpaper on his phone..
Next its going to be how much can you spend on a `decent` chisel...
Spirit of Andy Hall will be here forever ;-)

Not a picture, a brochure which is still being issued by a dealer today. So much are these machines still in demand, secondhand.

Says somebody who boasts of using 20 year old routers.

You're still using it "after so many years" and yet you've never ever ever heard the term "dimension saw" ?
Those two statements don't really add up you see. Your familiarity with routers apparently goes back 20 years, and yet you're totally unfamilar with the term "dimension saw", which were still regarded as the last word in precison at the time. As they still are by many people who aren't necessarily infatuated with the latest gizmos - digital readouts etc as you clearly are.
Based solely on your perusal of the impressive advertisements and promotional material you see on the web, it goes without saying.

Yes, I'm sure you do.
Trust me I really do believe everything you say.
How could I not ?
michael adams
On Friday, May 23, 2014 8:27:39 PM UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

Not a picture ? Then what did you show ? A picture FROM a brochure.
Wadking were fine machines in their day and are still appreciated today escond hand because they are a CHEAP entry into good woodworking machinery.
A bicycle was once known as a velocipede but that name didn't catch on. Bicycle was adopted as being a clearer indication of the machine. The same goes with 'Dimension' saw. Perhaps if you stopped reading arcane (Google it ) sales literature you would know this.
Your latest diatribe (Google it) was a bit short. Pity.Not so much to laugh at.
"A slight build up of sawdust against a fence that's gone un-noticed."
All that money spent on all that gear, three portable dust extractors but no boom unfortunately, that ceiling mounted blower, the fine dust extractor mounted above the saw and you're still getting those "slight build ups of sawdust against the fence."
Are you really sure you're doing this right ?
michael adams
"Drawing lines is one thing. Machining or cutting timber, or timber based products, to the same degree of precision, is another."
In other words more difficult.
You see you've been caught out in a lie again.
There being no reply from you, naturally.
So that regardless of anything else, the fact is that you lied, and are a proven liar. And this will be a matter of public record for perpetuity and/or for just so long as Google or any subsequent archive survives. As will of course be the fact, that before I mentioned them you'd never, ever, heard of dimension saws.
michael adams
On Monday, May 26, 2014 9:06:30 AM UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

Just sticks in your throat doesn't it? To think someone could own all that gear and you have fuck all. You certainly have so far signally failed to pr ovide any detail of either your experience or equipment. Yes it is possible to discuss equipment amongst rational people who don't take it as a pissin g match.
What you would have been happier if I had used the News of the World ?
The Elus were bought new. But that is of course irrelevant.
WTF are you rambling on about the routers having cutters still mounted in t hem.
Of course they have if they are being used for repetitive tasks. What remov e the cutters and fence setting times every time your set down the machine. Oh that makes good sense. Not.
I never buy second hand machines so your words of wisdom on that account ar e wasted apart from being tripe.
Who says the Festool Domino is the one tool never mentioned ? (Incidentally its dust free because its kept in it box.)
We also have Festool jigsaws and the latest acquisition, and well worth the in excess of £2000 price is this beauty
https://www.festool.co.uk/Products/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?pidW4606&n amege-bander-KA-65-Plus-GB-240V.
I'd send you a picture of ours but what's the point.
Who said it was my garage ?
Who said you could see all of it to judge its condition.
What sort of a workshop doesn't have its fair share of dust?
Sorry. That's NOT an expensive camera.Just showing your ignorance again. No w you're an expert in photographic equipment, what ?
You really will have to stop comparing yourself to your superiors. It may a ppear to be an expensive camera to YOU but it certainly isn't in the eyes o f many keen photographers I know. The only reason I illustrated it is becau se it is such a new model to the market that lots of current software has n ot yet been updated to de-code its raw file format. If you had taken me up on my offer to provide raw file you would have needed to know that.You of c ourse assume I was boasting.
Would you like to see the Leicas ?(yes plural).
Youre the tithead that kept implying I didn't have any of the equipment und er discussion. Now that I have illustrated it as proof you claim I am boast ing.
Maybe I should show you a picture of my BMW 730d
or my wife's Black BMW 640 ?
Or our Fairline cabin cruiser ?
Choke on it, but you just know its all true.
I'm fed up trying to have a rational discussion with someone so eaten away with jealousy and riven with irrationalities
We're off to Baiona for a few weeks and I'm buggered if I'm going to have t ime to indulge myself with your paranoid ramblings but feel free to keep be ating yourself up.
On Monday, May 26, 2014 11:15:24 AM UTC+1, fred wrote:

.
t gear and you have fuck all. You certainly have so far signally failed to provide any detail of either your experience or equipment. Yes it is possib le to discuss equipment amongst rational people who don't take it as a piss ing match.

them.

[...]

Sorry !
http://fredsmithdc.smugmug.com/Hisnhers/
Couldn't resist rubbing your nose in it.
Couldn't find the Observer colour magasine but that's the main news section hanging over her number plate if you look closely
I'll send you a picture of the Fairline when I get back if you like
"fred" wrote in message wrote in message >

Ooohhhh! Can't wait. Judging from the posts thus far, your missus must be hot, hot, hot. Pics please and no need to cover her with the magazine.

Whilst there can you and your sparring partner please learn to,
... SNIP ....
the grillions of lines so that we don't have to scroll down for a few minutes to read the words of wisdom thus writ;!..
Thanks...

--
Tony Sayer

" You have never used or seen being used a dimensioning saw. YOu didn't even know what they were called. (Hint NOT dimension saw)"
when combined with this -
http://www.wadkinmachinery.com/viewitem.php?product 5
should be a start.
It would seem that I'm not the only one who's been "amusingly" calling them "dimension saws" for the past 25 years.
Of course they don't show up on the first page of a Google search, assuming they appear at all. Not that that would have anything to do with it, of course.
michael adams

Two cars. So ?
You live in Ireland, out in the country by the looks of things. Probably miles from the nearest bus route, and even further from the train.
So how else are you supposed to get around, and bring home your shopping from the supermarket, a donkey cart ?
Beemers ? Not exactly short on the ground and plenty of finance available
http://www.bmw.ie/ie/en/owners/financial_services/finance/select/financeoffers_1series.html
That's assuming you bought new of course.
michael adams
On Monday, May 26, 2014 4:31:03 PM UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

ffers_1series.html

.
Yes two cars. Two expensive cars at that. Most likely two more than you hav e I see we're getting the benefit of you're amazing deductive powers again. B ecause we have a big garden (1.5 acres actually) we MUST live in the countr y. We MUST live far from public transport. (Like we'd use it and rub should ers withe the likes of you. No thanks)
And f**k me we MUST have to use them for shopping.
Next time you pass a supermarket in your neck of the woods have gander at t he number of cars in the car park. Practically everyone uses a car to go sh opping but them perhaps living on bread and dripping as you likely do you c an carry you weekly shop home in the pockets of your anorak.
And yes, BMWs are common amongst our friends , as our Mercedes and Audis.

So Mr Smith, which word or words or phrases in the following paragraph which was included in my very last post, are you having the greatest difficulty in understanding ?
"Clearly nobody has ever explained to you, that boasting of expensive possessions, and thus the wealth necessary to procure them, is simply seen by some people as an attempt to mask an inferiority complex in individuals who believe, rightly or wrongly, that without these possessions, nobody would take them seriously, or listen to what they have to say."

Er no. As with logical thinking, the meaning of simple English words doesn't seem to be one of your strong points either, does it ?
You "boasted" about having this equipment before. Now that you've actually posted pictures, this merely goes to prove how desperate you are to impress somebody or other that you do in fact own it. As if anybody myself included cares one way or another. Why should I or anyone else care what sort of equipment some total stranger on Usenet actually owns?
The likes of footballers such as Wayne Rooney earn more every month just for running around for a couple of hours than most people earn in a year.
Now just imagine how many Leicas the likes of Wayne Rooney could afford to buy every week, and not even notice.
michael adams

Firstly I never boasted about the equipment I own.It arose in the discussio ns. Normal well balanced people, without enormous chips on their shoulder, are able to discuss their possessions without it being taken as boasting. Y ou repeatedly implied I was lying about all this equipment I 'claimed'to ow n Yet when I post images of it you go off on a rant that it belongs to some one else. What? Someone else who owns the exact equipment I have been talki ng about and who would let me photograph it ? It just chokes you I should o wn it. You'll say anything to deny it. You can't decide whether it is mine or not. One minute you say it belongs to someone else the next minute you a re claiming its all second hand. Bought at an auction because of the colla pse in the Irish housing market. Really you are are wasted with that vivid imagination.
I enjoyed that little rant of yours. Brought a wry smile to my face. The tr ue coming out. And as I said before why the f**k would I want impress the likes of a small minded jealous educationally sub normal like you who doesn't appear to hav e a pot to piss in .
Of course as soon as I realised this was tipping you over the edge I decide d to pile it on. Bring out the Festool Domino. Mention our cars and our boa t. (Glad the camera upset you. That was inadvertent. If I'd known I would have used an expensive one.)
And you leaped at it.
So predictable.
I can keep doing so. There is lots and lots more that hasn't been mentioned yet never mind photographed. But remember I tell no lies about what I own.
So unless you wish me to push you further over the edge discussing my posse ssions back off.`
And just where did you get all that clap trap about wealthy people. My poss essions were bought for my enjoyment. In my circles I would not be regarded as wealthy or anywhere near it. My possessions show if anything my success in life as they're are not due to inheritance. I'm proud of my success and enjoy the rewards it brings Your poverty likely says the same about you an d expresses you utter incompetence and total lack of success.
You are well out of your depth here. You talk nonsense about woodworking ma chinery and its uses when its obvious that you have never set foot on a woo dworking shop. You truly don't know enough to know how little you know.
You denigrate Festool equipment because you can't afford it while some of u s can. You make nonsense claims about emulating some of this equipment with bits of wood. Have you ANY idea how foolish that make you look ?
You twist and turn every which way and put words in my mouth.
You mis-interpret items to an alarming degree. (Royal we anyone )
You build up huge stories on the slightest of basis.
You don't spot the bloody obvious when it is staring you in the face. (Did you see the yellow reg plates on the cars ? Do you know what an Irish reg p late looks like. Did that not ring a few bells ? Not at all. You're too bus y choking on your own jealousy.
You claim second hand machinery isn't cheap. That must be news to those who buy and sell it.
At the end of the day its the boy with the most toys who wins.
Read it and weep.
I've had enough of your claptrap. If I knew how to kill file you I would
I'm off to catch a plane.
fred wrote:

Will you be back in time to buy this Wadkin table saw? Just think how much willy-waving rights it'll get you ...
<http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261498458341