Folding Sack Truck

For some years I have been using a folding sack truck similar to this one:

it hasn't been abused, it has had a reasonable amount of use.

It has now failed because the teeth on the load plate have finally chewed their way through the plastic moulding which carries the wheels.

Have others had a similar experience?

It is such a useful trolley to have around when caravanning, that I am considering replacing it, but would prefer to pay less that Machine Mart are asking.

I have found

it looks as though (what a surprise) quality might be related to price :-(

Has anyone any suggestions?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I saw one in Wickes only the other day. I think it was £29.95.

Worth a look before spending more?

Reply to
Bruce

Several of the male family members got these at Xmas from me; Costco =A315. I can't comment on performance as I've had no feedback, but it does look as if it is the same thing as the Machine Mart one.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

There are a few on E Bay ranging from £16.50 to £47.50 including postage, most are on Buy It Nows. I am not selling any of them just thought I would search "folding sack truck" on there.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

The Costco one is a Magna Cart MCX . I've had one for about 12 months. They are well made and it has survived well.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I bought the cheapie from Lidl - not quite as substantial as that one - but has already been invaluable. I have used it to transport two full size washing machines - several times - and paving slabs. I'd guess it will be for sale again sometime soon-ish. I think it was around 12-95.

Light and compact enough to sling in the boot without worry.

Reply to
Rod

> but it looks as though (what a surprise) quality might be related > to price :-(

Seen this evening at a big B&Q under £13.00

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

Looked OK but I didn't inspect it so it may not be.

Reply to
dennis

I was going to mention the CostCo offering as well. I had a close look a= t one and thought the construction was good and the mechanisium that holds= the wheels seemed robust and appeared to lock when they are out. Cheaper= trucks don't do that and the wheels can fold under when in use...

I didn't buy as I don't really have a use, another "it would be nice to =

have" thing.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

>>> Whilst it hasn't been abused, it has had a reasonable amount of >> use.

>>> but it looks as though (what a surprise) quality might be related >> to price :-(

I've got a B&Q one and its pretty good for the money, moved some heavy stuff one it, feels solid.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Happened to be in CostCo today and yes the wheels do lock. There is a substantial plastic projection on the collar around the upright that a wheel is attached to as the plate folds down a notch in the back edge engages with the plastic projection. No way are the wheels going to fold with the plate down. The dimensions of the projection are about 1cm wide at the tip, 1.5cm at the base and a good 5mm thick.

Other folding sack trucks have a sort of cog mechanisium and this can allow the wheel to at least partially fold when in use.

I wasn't so convinced about the light square section collaspable ali handle. But that is very similar to that on other folding trucks.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I got one from Lidl/Aldi about a year ago. All metal construction, very robust, and cost about £20. It handled a 6 foot high fridge-freezer today no problem. Perhaps worth looking out for, if they ever have them in again?

Reply to
Rich B