Folding Sack Truck

For some years I have been using a folding sack truck similar to this one:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cstf1-flat-folding-sack-truck
Whilst it hasn't been abused, it has had a reasonable amount of use.
It has now failed because the teeth on the load plate have finally chewed their way through the plastic moulding which carries the wheels.
Have others had a similar experience?
It is such a useful trolley to have around when caravanning, that I am considering replacing it, but would prefer to pay less that Machine Mart are asking.
I have found (Amazon.com product link shortened)37202143&sr=1-8
but it looks as though (what a surprise) quality might be related to price :-(
Has anyone any suggestions?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

I saw one in Wickes only the other day. I think it was 29.95.
Worth a look before spending more?

Several of the male family members got these at Xmas from me; Costco 15. I can't comment on performance as I've had no feedback, but it does look as if it is the same thing as the Machine Mart one.
Rob
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 05:34:25 -0700 (PDT), Rob G

The Costco one is a Magna Cart MCX . I've had one for about 12 months. They are well made and it has survived well.
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:40:32 +0000, Peter Parry wrote:

I was going to mention the CostCo offering as well. I had a close look at one and thought the construction was good and the mechanisium that holds the wheels seemed robust and appeared to lock when they are out. Cheaper trucks don't do that and the wheels can fold under when in use...
I didn't buy as I don't really have a use, another "it would be nice to have" thing.
--
Cheers
Dave.

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:49:35 +0000 (GMT), Dave Liquorice wrote:

Happened to be in CostCo today and yes the wheels do lock. There is a substantial plastic projection on the collar around the upright that a wheel is attached to as the plate folds down a notch in the back edge engages with the plastic projection. No way are the wheels going to fold with the plate down. The dimensions of the projection are about 1cm wide at the tip, 1.5cm at the base and a good 5mm thick.
Other folding sack trucks have a sort of cog mechanisium and this can allow the wheel to at least partially fold when in use.
I wasn't so convinced about the light square section collaspable ali handle. But that is very similar to that on other folding trucks.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Dave Liquorice typed:

I got one from Lidl/Aldi about a year ago. All metal construction, very robust, and cost about 20. It handled a 6 foot high fridge-freezer today no problem. Perhaps worth looking out for, if they ever have them in again?
--
Rich B

1971 S2a

There are a few on E Bay ranging from 16.50 to 47.50 including postage, most are on Buy It Nows. I am not selling any of them just thought I would search "folding sack truck" on there.
HTH
John
Chris J Dixon wrote:

I bought the cheapie from Lidl - not quite as substantial as that one - but has already been invaluable. I have used it to transport two full size washing machines - several times - and paving slabs. I'd guess it will be for sale again sometime soon-ish. I think it was around 12-95.
Light and compact enough to sling in the boot without worry.
--
Rod

Seen this evening at a big B&Q under 13.00
DieSea
DieSea wrote:

I've got a B&Q one and its pretty good for the money, moved some heavy stuff one it, feels solid.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

They had a similar one in the Aldi I was in today. Looked OK but I didn't inspect it so it may not be.