Fohen water heater. First impressions

Bought as a cheaper alternative to a Quooker and based on first impressions I’m not disappointed.

Construction *looks* good. Instructions could be better as the tap and its tails needs a bit of pre-assembly and it’s not really that obvious from the instructions what needs to be done and in what order. Get it wrong and you’ll be disassembling it to try and get the tails and their ½” BSP connections through the various tubes and fitments in the right order.

The tails are only twisted up hand tight via torque applied through flexible tails which is slightly anxiety provoking but there’s no way of using any tool to tighten them more fully. I did construct special cranked spanner to see if I could tighten the tails more but access is just too tight.

No leaks though so perhaps I’m worrying unnecessarily.

Acid test, despite *only* running at 98°C it seems to make a satisfactory cup of tea, but then I’m not a tea snob. A bag in a mug is good enough for me.

I’ve put a power monitoring plug on it so I should be able to report power consumption after a few days but clearly that’s gonna vary quite a lot with usage. Heat leakage feels low based on placing a hand on the tank.

Have to say already enjoying the convenience of NOT filling a kettle etc.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You mean you don't use a Brita water filter jug then ? :-)

Reply to
Andrew