Foam strip on aluminium window frames?

Hi,

My house has aluminium double glazing, with metal frames, without a thermal break, so I am getting quite a lot condensation on the metal frames, which is annoying, especially as I have just painted the wooden surrounds, and it pools on the sill.

Would a closed cell foam strip applied to the metal, in the inside of the house stop this condensation, or is the only way to solve it, to replace the windows?

Reply to
Toby

The latter I suspect, my windows are also old with no break, and I've tried the lot with no real success. Its simple really, metal, cold on one side warm on the other moisture in air condenses.

Cold air can hold less moisture. It also causes small draughts.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It tends to go black and orribly slimy, presumably some kind of mould. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff