Flue through roof

I have been watching my neighbour's change of combi with interest as I need to start planning getting mine done.

The CORGI guys fitted a Baxi Duo-tec into the airing cupboard (vacated by Worcester Heatslave HighFlow).

The flue rises vertically through the pitched roof (about 12 inches) and is terminated with a 90degree bend and then a horizontal flue outlet / intake. I am wondering if it would have been better to have a 'normal' vertical flue (as my other neighbours have had fitted). Could this horizontal outlet cause any problems due to being in the lee side of the ridge? Might it have been fitted just because it was 'in the van'?

Any thoughts? (as the neighbour is suggesting I get a quote from the same guy)

Reply to
John

Most manufacturers provide a range of flues, flue extensions and terminals. If the parts are the correct ones for the boiler and installed in accordance to the instructions you need have no fear about ridges and lees.

Have the flue route and terminal that both you and the manufactuers are happy with.

Reply to
Ed Sirett