Floods

I shall send a rescue helicopter immediately & also start a relief fund.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

just don't try and land on the roof!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Have you ever considered that Matty F may NOT be living on the North Sea coast line?

Reply to
ARW

How is you neighbour Puff:-)

Reply to
ARW

He's fine now. He stopped smoking it just before the police raid. They found nothing.

Reply to
Matty F

It's as much as I can do to find something!

Reply to
polygonum

You can get a storm surge on any of our coasts. The North Sea is particularly prone to it as it's configuration is ideal. All you need is the right weather and tides coinciding.

Reply to
harryagain

Have you ever considered that Matty F may not be living on ANY of our coasts?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

But there are lots of obstacles in the way of any possible waves:

There are lots of big islands including extinct volcanoes and peninsulas, and a railway line and major roads across the water. A tsunami wave would be one inch high when it hits the shore in front of my house. P.S do you like my view?

Reply to
Matty F

Super view, but I can't place it.

Reply to
charles

In article , Tim+ writes

You can lead a donkey to facts but you can't make it think . . . . .

Reply to
fred

Tautalogical. "Tsunami" *means* "wave" (strictly, "harbour wave").

Reply to
Huge

They probably don't build houses on sandbanks either.

Reply to
dennis

He stated he lived by the sea. Didn't you consider following the thread back?

Reply to
harryagain

Come on harry. Have a look at Mattys email address and see where he lives.

Reply to
ARW

It seems I am not the only one to have thought of this:

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

If a house is permanently floating in its own trough of water, that would save it from earthquakes too. And termites, and slow the rats and mice down. If it was a big enough trough it would act as a moat and stop burglars!

Reply to
Matty F

snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

You need to realise which COUNTRY he lives in...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ahbut, if it did that, it would be called a boat....

Install an engine and the other bits you need or some sticks and cloth bits, and you can even get it back to the land after it's been swept out to sea.

Reply to
John Williamson

Oh don't go making it easy for Harry. He must be the only person on usenet who doesn't know which country Matty lives in.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+