Flat Roof

Although I haven't studied it in detail, you might well be right. This

It's not a great 'site' at all. It's a site someone has set up to grab all of the discussion on a public newsgroup, repackage it and republish

it as if it were theirs. It's not.

I still don't seem to be able get the quotes in my replies so I must be extremely thick. I'm sure if Lurch swears at me a bit more I will become much brighter, but it hasn't worked so far! In this case I have copied and pasted the quote but haven't got the blue colour so I guess I've done it wrong (Sooooo thick!).

Anyway the reason I called it a great 'site' was because in recent months I have had a few really useful tips for which I have been grateful.

If someone would like to politely tell me how to reply using quotes I would be grateful! Thanks.

Reply to
kenknott

Yes.

Please get yourself a proper newsreader program like Free Agent, or one of a number of others - even Outlook Express is better than using web sites (especially Google) to make Usenet postings.

Then all that you need is access to a news server (your ISP should have this, or failing that sign up at news.individual.net).

All of the proper etiquette things for posting to Usenet and easier reading from it are available with proper newsreaders and you won't piss people off with lost thread references or confuse them by not having quotations where needed.

Google is useful as a means to search for old posts, but that's about it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

many thanks.

Reply to
kenknott

On 11 Jan 2005 10:54:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com strung together this:

Glad to have been of service. ;-) If you email me your no. I'll call you up every day and launch a constant tyrade of swearing if you like!

Reply to
Lurch

I have now managed to set up Free Agent so hopefully this reply shows appropriate quotes and Lurch won't need to swear at me any more!

Reply to
Ken Knott

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:58:06 +0000 (UTC), Ken Knott strung together this:

Wahey! Much better. Welcome to the group Ken. ;-)

As you actually listen to sensible suggestions and act on them I'm sure you'll get along fine, (unlike NT).

Incidentally, I used to have a schoolteacher called Ken Knott, maybe that subconciously provoked me?

Reply to
Lurch