flat/cross electric screwdrivers

All the ones I remember - mainly on Bush sets - didn't have any provision for screwdriver removal at all.

Yes - the hex heads had rounded corners between the flats and the flats sloped slightly - obviously intended for the tool that they were fitted with to mate with them as quickly as possible. Thus attempting to use pliers to remove them was usually impossible as closing the jaws just fired them off the sloping flats!

Reply to
Terry Casey

+1
Reply to
newshound

That's my take on it too. However I do think that it's rather a bad idea as neither PoziDriv nor an ordinary slotted screwdriver fits very well. A Pozi is slightly better and has the advantage of being easier to locate in the screw but I'd still really prefer *either* slotted

*or* Pozi.
Reply to
Chris Green