Flashing light on dishwasher

The green light on the Start button on our Whirlpool ADP 4504 dishwasher has started to flash. I can persuade the machine to start a programme by turning it off and then, immediately after turning it on, pressing said Start button. However, after a brief half-hearted attempt to pump out it stops.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

Don't know that model, but this might be the behaviour if it's leaked water into it its leak detection sump on the bottom of the machine.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks, I'll have a look, though it's quite a new machine.

Does the manual help? For those unable to search the web

are references to flashing lights and indicators in there.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks, but no. I had a look in there but nothing that covers the problem.

Hi I had the same problem with mine, fill the salt resavoiur in the bottom and then add some hot water in the bottom, if not try and leave it to soak(salt) over night. Worker for me.

Tony

Reply to
Tony & Debs

Get the Haynes Dishwasher Manual by Graham Dixon. Invaluable IMHO. Dishwashers were mysterious beasts until I got my hands on the book, took our Bosch apart and diagnosed the problems. All it has since needed is the inlet and outlet pipes replacing as they were beginning to crack and drip - generic Screwfix items.

Reply to
Part timer

Thanks. Gave it a try but no success.