Flash still not working

Adobe still haven't got Flash Player 1.4.402.265 working. What gives ?

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

I think that is so old they never will

Current is about version 11.4 :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In what way is it not working?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I suspect this is what he actually meant. there are some issues in firefox and with protected mode but otherwise its fine.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

(In my first post I should havew written Flash Player 11.4.402.265)

Whenever I try to run a video clip in Internet Explorer, I get the message:- 'Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version.'

When I hit it, I get a download screen from Adobe which says it's about to download Flash Player 11.4.402.265 and shows a barber's pole type progress indicator. Howwever, it only runs for a few seconds before the barber's pole disappears and the download screen freezes!

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

download an earlier version

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Doesn't give me the choice

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

's 11.3 latest

not sure how you uninstall/reinstall on WinDoesn't

maybe this works

The Natural Philosopher

Google for "Download Flash 10"

one source. There have also been problems with Flash 11.x interacting badly with Real Player 15. The steps to cure this are available on the web and involve removing some cookies.

The original problem may just be Youtube not recognising 11.4.x.x as a valid version as they're checking for a list of "FlashVersion=XX.X" comparisons as against "FlashVersion>=XX.X" for what may be perfactly valid reasons.

Reply to
John Williamson

OK go to filehippo.com and download it from there manually, and install it manually. However if you have download issues this could well fail also I suppose. I don't like the Adobe download site its always slowing down and timing out for me. Probably too many people trying to download it!!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If it fails, one big thing I found was to use revo uninstall to remove it completely. The free version is good enough, then restart the machine and load in the latest version from filehippo.com. Often it seems the registry gets corrupted so it thinks its not running the version it actually is. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

> That's 11.3 latest

The 11.3 version downloaded, installed - and works ! Many thanks to you NatP, and to Brian, for your help.

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

The 11.3 version downloaded, installed - and works ! Many thanks to NatP, and to you Brian, for your help.

Jim Hawkins

Brian Gaff wrote:

Reply to
Jim Hawkins