Internet Explorer and flash

Every time I try to run a report in IE I get the message:- "Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version." When I hit the 'correct version' prompt, I get what appears at first sight to be a well-consztructed, helpful screen of instructions. But the reality is quite different. Firstly, it offers me the United States version, but invites me to change it to another version. When I try to change it to the United KIngdom version it simply reverts to the United States one. Oh well, I decide to make do with that, and hit the imposing 'Download' button. A barber's pole type progress bar appears - but disappears after a few seconds! And then - nothing! No error message. No advice what to do. Nothing! When I close that imposing but useless download screen I'm simply kicked right out of IE! Anyone know what's going on - and what to do about it ? If it makes any difference I'm running XP Pro on a 2.4GHz Dell PC with 2GB ram.

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Jim Hawkins pretended :

It's a bug in the latest version of Flash. Adobe are working on a fix but until then the workaround is to go back to the earlier version of Flash. BTW, it's affecting all browsers I believe, not just IE.

Reply to
Dave

Internet Explorer - how quaint!

I stopped using IE a few years ago (V7 or 8 I think) when it took an age to open most pages if at all. I use firefox now and find it suits my needs, that is, it works.

Reply to
Phil L

Reply to
Mr Pounder