fixing to steel withotu drilling a hole

In message , Bill writes

I'm using TP and ES, and have seven posts in this thread. Which probably doesn't help :-)

Reply to
News

In message , News writes

Same here, but 20 posts in Pan newsreader, also on ES

Reply to
Bill

Are you sure it's not just because Turnpike has different expiry or auto-deletion settings? Most of this thread is over a month old with just four recent additions.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

As I said the first time that you posted this, you need to use a stud welder. I'd do it for you were you close enough, but I feat that you are not. A stud welder could weld mounting studs for your brackets that would take any reasonable weight up to the shear strength of the stud. HSS Hire shops is your friend :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Ah, yes. The odd sequence of events was:

In TP, saw the last post. Expanded thread, saw a bunch of dots, so requested them for re-delivery.

Just one post arrived, but said Header with no body.

Fired up Pan, which I use to look at some other ng's but also has this subscribed, and saw 18 posts, went back and now had the 7 or 8 posts in TP.

I suppose the other 10 might have expired on the server, although they must be later than the OP's first post.

I don't use Pan for everything because it crashes quite often on this machine.

I'll know in future. Thanks.

Reply to
Bill