Fixing a trampoline enclosure

Hi All,

We have a trampoline with an enclosure that had an unfortunate accident during some every high winds. The entire thing was picked up off the ground and rolled down our garden!

The trampoline survived, however the a few of the long poles which supported the enclosure were badly bent. When I tried to bend them back to shape they snapped :-(

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some suitable metal poles to replace the broken ones? A new enclosure would be >=A350, I am sure a couple of metal poles would be a lot cheaper. I have searched the internet, but cannot find anything suitable.

Thanks, Colin E.

Reply to
Colin Eberhardt

Do make sure you replace it before letting the kids back on. My (paramedic) daughter has been called out to several nasty accidents on unenclosed trampolines.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Original supplier of trampoline for like-for-like spares? Camping supplier for something similar (tent/gazebo etc)? Local metal fabricators for lengths of aluminium tubing?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Colin Eberhardt laid this down on his screen :

Aluminium poles? A TV antenna wholesaler.

Steel poles? Either a camping supplier, the items used for frame tents or perhaps galvanised steel conduit from an electrical wholesaler.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

How long? What diameter? Would lengths of electrical condduit suffice?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

================================== If this enclosure is intended to be a safety fence I would suggest that you discard the metal poles and make something new using substantial wooden posts. Fence posts (3" x 3", or 3" round) from B&Q etc. would be suitable. Children landing on flimsy metal posts could easily be speared - wood would only cause minor bruising.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

We have a trampoline with an enclosure that had an unfortunate accident during some every high winds. The entire thing was picked up off the ground and rolled down our garden!

The trampoline survived, however the a few of the long poles which supported the enclosure were badly bent. When I tried to bend them back to shape they snapped :-(

Does anyone know where I might be able to get some suitable metal poles to replace the broken ones? A new enclosure would be >£50, I am sure a couple of metal poles would be a lot cheaper. I have searched the internet, but cannot find anything suitable.

Thanks, Colin E.

Last time I looked (a couple of weeks ago) Makro were doing a 12' one, inc. enclosure for £129.99. Worth considering...

Reply to
JoeJoe