Firefox started crashing a lot in recent days

I'll give it a try Ta!

Avast are still failing to get any money from me:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You ask that as a very rhetorical question, but sadly I have done enough web design to know that there are no standards, there are only browsers and javaScript implementations, and no two browsers respond the same.

People who have coded workarounds for bugs and inconsistencies, suddenly find the code no longer works.

Such standards as there are are about a decade behind where browser development is at.

Its no better with Chrome etc. Or Safari.

They are all shit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You cant stick to pure HTML5, and even if you do there are 'issues' I don't use jquery. JavaScript is buggy enough as it is without adding a layer of crap on top

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Check the install log. 32 bit install or 64 bit install shown.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\install.log

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\install.log

The last line in the file is like this, with date stamp. The file includes a list of all the installed files. A person doing an install, should belong to admin group (elevate).

Mozilla Firefox Installation Finished: 2022-02-05 22:22:36

You can get any release you want from their server. This navigates similar to an FTP site.

32 bit and 64 bit versions of 108.0.1

If you see MAR files, those are Mozilla Archive and are collections of delta materials for doing point-release upgrades. It's to reduce their download costs when automatically upgrading the browser. A person doing manual installation only needs an EXE file to do it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul