Fire regulations for internal garage?

Hello, I have an en-suite bathroom that is above my garage (garage is integral to house). I have started to refit the ensuite with a new shower. To avoid having to raise the shower tray to hold the trap and box in the draining in the bathroom I have decided to run the basin and shower waste pipes on the garage ceiling. This means that I have had to cut a

32mm and 40mm diameter hole in the garage ceiling. I also plan and doing something similar for a towel rail in the new bathroom as the boiler is in the garage so I figure it would be easier to run the copper pipes along the garage ceiling to the boiler.

The garage ceiling is double boarded for fire safety, which I have now compromised with my holes in the ceiling. I have read that there are intumescent pipe collar that you can buy that collapse on heat and seal the hole - would using these bring me back in line with current fire regulations or do i have to box everything in with double plaster board?

Are the pipe collars okay to use on copper pipe i.e. if i run the towel rail pipes on the ceiling as well?

I've also noticed that the mains gas pipe goes into the garage ceiling and a number of cables from the fuse unit - none of with have any collar aroung them - is this correct in a five year old house?

Thanks for your help.

Pete

Reply to
Pete