Fire rated recessed lights

Is it madatory to use fire rated recessedlights or a fire rated hood over recessed lights in all rooms?

I am putting lights into the kitchen and a kitchen extension.

Richard

Reply to
richard

As I understand it, there is no need for intumescent hoods or fire-resiting lights where there is only a roof immediately above the lights. e.g if your kitchen extension has a flat roof, you're OK there.

Regards, Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak