Finding leak in pvc pool

Hello,

18 ft diameter pvc pool - the type with an inflatable ring on top. Set it out and started to fill it. When it got to about 6 inches deep we realised we had a leak.

I've tried to examine the seams and the base as well as I can and haven't found any holes or slits. There are lots of seams and it's thick textured pvc. Does the team have any techniques for finding leaks?

Reply to
JTM

Fill it to 3" ... if it still leaks at least you have reduced area to inspect ... just watch where it gets wet first ... observation will track it down.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

In Tesco they are next to the onions...

I'll get me coat...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Am I missing something? It starts leaking when there's a few inches of water, have you looked around the outside for a dribble of water?

If it's in the base, keep some water in for a day or two, then empty it, preferably on a hot sunny day so the thing dries quickly, and look for the damp patch where the water is seeping back in from the wet ground underneath.

Reply to
The Wanderer

I had a small leak in my frame pool, caused by the ladder feet, snagging on a wrinkle in the base - took a while to find due to looking just like a bit of crud on the bottom of the pool.

Although holes are easy to fix once empty, they can be tricky when its full. I did a temporary patch on mine with some epoxy putty...

Reply to
John Rumm

I have made a wonderful discovery in the course of mending some leaks in my 12ft version. "Sticks Like Shit" works underwater...

Reply to
Huge

Self amalgamating tape and contact adhesive

Reply to
geoff

Oddly that was exactly what I used to do a puncture repair on the mower's tubeless tyre the other day - could not find a puncture repair kit anywhere!

Reply to
John Rumm

search "tracer dye". And borrow that other guy's uv lamp.

S S
Reply to
Spamlet

Or stand it on some cement powder...